The United Nations Board of Significant Inspiration – C-19PP
Auditions for Performers
AUDITION DATE: Wednesday 7th October (online)
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Thursday 1st October
The United Nations Board of Significant Inspiration (UNBOSI) and Surge are looking for 5 performers to participate in their online delivered project C-19PP which will take place in October and November 2020.
UNBOSI, a lesser-known United Nations department, was formed in 1950 to study sites associated with human genius which generate ‘light bulb’ moments of inspiration. From research conducted with SURGE in 2019, the UNBOSI team identified hot spots in Glasgow and Dundee of immense inspirational value for local inhabitants.
UNBOSI’s work enables people at these sites to have a greater connection with their locale. Through enabling new connections, the UNBOSI team inspire future cooperation and friendship within local communities. UNBOSI’s formation was also a response to the common understanding that world leaders are continually losing their marbles.
C-19PP will take place between 12th October and 27th November 2020
C-19PP will be created and delivered entirely online with the intention that this project can take place under any circumstance including a widespread community ‘lockdown’.
For C-19PP performers will take part in online rehearsals to equip them to deliver, as part of a UNBOSI team, online workshops to members of the public. These workshops will explore inspiration through the creation of marble runs. Workshop participants will be inspired to create their own marble runs and enter them in a competition at the culmination of the project.
Participating performers will also be required to work independently to produce some content for an associated social media campaign and to engage with their local community to promote the project. Support for this will be provided by UNBOSI experts.
- Be based in Scotland preferably in Glasgow or Dundee.
- Be available for 4 online rehearsal sessions on October 12th, 15th, 21st and 29th (approx. 2 hours per session).
- Be available to deliver at least 3 online workshops (approx. 2 hours per session 1 per day) on three days out of Saturday 7th, Saturday 14th, Saturday 21st and Sunday 22nd
- Be available for self-delivered research, filming and hyperlocal engagement (approx. 11 hours spread over the duration of the project).
- Have experience in improvisation.
- Have strong devising skills.
- Ideally have some experience in outdoor arts.
- Have an interest in working with community participants.
- Have access to a good internet connection for online training sessions and delivery of online workshops.
- Be available for an online audition on Wednesday 7th
UNBOSI values diversity and promotes equality and inclusion. We encourage and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and ability.
To apply please send a CV and letter of interest (max 500 words) by 5pm on Thursday 1st October to firstname.lastname@example.org
Any queries please call the Surge office on 0141 248 6910