The United Nations Board of Significant Inspiration (UNBOSI) are looking for 6 x performers/workshop leaders to participate in two large scale public engagement projects which will help members of the public harvest inspiration in Glasgow and Dundee during July 2022
FEE: £1200 (live event) additional fee of £150 per day pro rata per workshop
AUDITION DATE: Monday 25th April, 11am – 1pm, Glasgow
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Sunday 17th April, 5pm
THE PROJECT: The United Nations Board of Significant Inspiration (UNBOSI) is a global organisation with a mission: to inspire world peace and investigate acts of extreme inspiration worldwide. UNBOSI uncovers sites of significant inspiration and researches the increasing global levels of inspiration amongst members of the public generally, and world leaders specifically.
Following three years of research and community engagement in Scotland, UNBOSI have identified strong sources of inspiration in Glasgow and Dundee. The organisation is now in a position to increase levels of inspiration at these sites through the creation of large scale, site specific installations of marble runs at both locations.
The successful candidates will be given training from UNBOSI to become Marbleologists enabling them to
- Operate / demonstrate our large scale marble run installations.
- Engage with public to explain our work.
- Facilitate the public in the creation of their own marble runs.
- Assist in the attempt to break a marble based world record at each location.
- Be based in Scotland, preferably in Glasgow or Dundee.
- Be available for audition day in Glasgow Monday 25th April, 11am -1pm, Glasgow (travel expenses will be covered for Dundee based applicants).
- Be available for 1x training day in Glasgow during the week of 9th -13th May (date tbc, travel expenses will be covered for Dundee based applicants).
- Be available for both:
- A live public event in Dundee 20th July – 24th July,
- A live public event in Glasgow 27th July – 31st July
- Travel and accommodation expenses will be covered as appropriate
- Be available to deliver workshops with community-based organisations in Glasgow and/or Dundee at times and dates tbc during period 16th May – 16th July
- Workshop leaders will be paid an additional fee of £150 per day pro rata. The minimum fee will be 1⁄2 day, with the number of workshops tbc. Not all live event performers may be required to deliver workshops.
- Have experience in improvisation.
- Have strong devising skills.
- Ideally have some experience in outdoor arts.
- Have experience and an interest in working with community participants. Hold an up-to-date PVG certificate
- Ideally have a full UK driver’s licence & access to a car (desirable but not essential)
PLEASE NOTE: UNBOSI values diversity and promotes equality and inclusion. We encourage and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and ability.
APPLICATIONS: To apply please send a CV and letter of interest (max 500 words) by 5pm on Sunday 17th April to email@example.com
Any queries please call:
Dr. Sidney Rann
UNBOSI Regional Director Northern Europe