We hope the following sections will answer any questions you have but if not, please do get in touch with us.
We may need to update this Privacy Notice from time to time. We’ll notify you of any significant changes, but you’re welcome to come back and check it whenever you wish.Who we are
2/2, 1 Cadogan Square,
51 Cadogan Street,
Surge is a trading name of Conflux Scotland Limited, a company registered in Scotland (Reg No: SC407231) and a registered Scottish charity (Reg No: SC042613)
In specific situations, we can collect and process your data with your consent.
For example, when you tick a box to receive email newsletters.
When collecting your personal data, we’ll always make clear to you which data is necessary in connection with a particular service.
Fulfilment of a Contract
In certain circumstances, we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations.
For example, if we employ you to work on a Surge project, we’ll collect your contact details in order to liaise with you about that project and your role. Or we may need a photocopy of your drivers licence if we are employing you to drive a vehicle as part of your job description.
If the law requires us to, we may need to collect and process your data.
For example, we can pass on details of people involved in any kind of criminal activity affecting the company to law enforcement.
In specific situations, we require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests.
For example, we will send you or make available information about upcoming projects or touring shows.
We may also use your address details to send you direct marketing information by post, telling you about products and services that we think might interest you.
• When you contact us by any means with queries, complaints etc.
• When you sign up for any of our opportunities/master-classes/residencies
• When you apply for any of our jobs (paid or otherwise)
• When you book tickets for any of our events
• When you invoice us for any work you have done for Surge
• When you sign up to our mailing list
• When you engage with us on social media
• When you visit our website (cookies)
• When you give audience feedback
• When you choose to complete any surveys we send you
• We collect names and contact details that are publicly available online (e.g. on company websites or online databases)
• Copies of documents such as passport and driver’s license that you provide for purposes such as van hire or obtaining a disclosure. This will include details of your full name, address, date of birth and facial image. If you provide a passport, the data will also include your place of birth, gender and nationality.
• Your name and email address if you sign up to our mailing list
• Your social media username, if you interact with us through those channels, to help us respond to your comments, questions or feedback.
• Bank details and any contact information found on invoices that you send us
• Publically available information that we search for and gather manually from online resources and websites including your name, contact details and job title.
• Employment information, and where relevant, selected media coverage that you provide to us by sending a CV in application for a job or one of our opportunities.
• To respond to your queries and to provide information to you that you request relating to our services, opportunities or events.
• To provide information to you relating to other services, opportunities or events that may be of interest to you. Such additional information will only be provided where you have consented to receive such information
• To inform you of changes to our website / policies etc.
• To comply with our contractual or legal obligations to share data with law enforcement. (For example, when a court order is submitted to share data with law enforcement agencies or a court of law).
• To send you survey and feedback requests to help improve our services. These messages will not include any promotional content and do not require prior consent when sent by email or text message. We have a legitimate interest to do so as this helps make our services more relevant to you. Of course, you are free to opt out of receiving these requests from us at any time by updating your preferences.
• To process ticket bookings for our events. Sometimes, we’ll need to share your details with trusted third parties (such as ‘Eventbrite’) in order to fulfil your transaction.
Any hard copies of documents containing personal data of any kind are stored in a locked filing cabinet in the Surge office.
All of our office computers and laptops are password protected, as are the online platforms that we use to store and process your data (e.g. mailchimp and dropbox).
At the end of that retention period, your data will either be deleted completely or anonymised, for example by aggregation with other data so that it can be used in a non-identifiable way for statistical analysis and business planning.
We do not and will never share or sell your personal data to any third parties for their own purposes.
• Access to the personal data we hold about you, free of charge
• The correction of your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete
• Unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time
You can contact us at any time to request to exercise these rights by emailing ruth[@]surge.scot or by calling the Surge office on 0141 248 6910
You can contact them by calling 0303 123 1113. Or go online to www.ico.org.uk/concerns