Physical Theatre Bursary
9am Tuesday 7th September
Surge is offering two bursaries for new physical theatre work suitable for live indoor performance to emerging, Scotland-based artists and companies. The chosen artists/companies will be given a budget of £2500 towards the creation of the piece plus mentoring from Surge. We are particularly interested in ideas that have a digital element, although this is not essential.
The piece will be devised to be performed live as a work-in-progress at Manipulate Festival, February 2022.
- Present an idea for a new small-scale physical theatre piece;
- The piece needs to be suitable for performance in a theatre setting
- The performers and creative team need to be available for rehearsal periods between November 2021 and February 2022. Specific dates will be discussed upon offer.
- To be available for a scratch performance on Friday 17th December 2021
- To be available for a performance at Manipulate Festival in February 2022.
We will offer:
- Professional mentoring by Surge in creation, producing, marketing, guerrilla filmmaking and digital theatre making
- £2500 budget
- Paid performance opportunity at Manipulate Festival 2022
- Travel budget
- Rehearsal and creation space.
Please email your proposal (max. 500 words) and one short bio for each performer/collaborator (max.
100 words each), in one document, to Melanie Jordan – email@example.com
If you have any questions please feel free to contact Mel at firstname.lastname@example.org, we can arrange a phone or video call.
The application deadline is 9am on Tuesday 7th September 2021.
Interviews will take place on Wednesday 15th September 2021.