Outdoor Arts Bursary
Midnight Thursday 21st March
Surge is offering two bursaries for new outdoor work to emerging, Scotland-based artists and companies interested in outdoor arts. The aim will be to create a new outdoor arts piece, which will be tried out at various festivals and events in summer 2019: July at Dundee Streets and Surge Festival and August at Green Man (Wales, in partnership with Articulture). The chosen artists/companies will be given a budget of £2500 towards the creation of the piece plus mentoring from Surge.
We are looking for one of the bursaries to incorporate digital technology. Additional specialist mentoring would be provided for this.
- Present an idea for a new small-scale street theatre piece;
- The piece needs to be for 1-4 performers
(all artists must be confirmed by applicant before applying);
- The piece needs to be suitable for performance in urban and green field spaces;
- The performers need to be available for rehearsal periods between 1stApril
and 19thJuly. Specific dates will be discussed upon offer.
- To be available for dates of festivals – 21st and 22ndJuly (Dundee), 27thand 28thJuly (Surge Festival) and 15th– 19thAugust (Green Man, Wales)
We will offer:
- Professional mentoring by Surge in creation, producing, marketing and guerrilla filmmaking
- £2500 budget
- Opportunity to try work out at Dundee Streets, Surge Festival and Green Man Festival (Wales in partnership with Articulture)
- Travel, accommodation, and food at all festivals
- Rehearsal and creation space.
Please email your proposal (max. 500 words) and one short bio for each performer/collaborator (max. 100 words each), in one document, to Surge Director Alan
Richardson at Alan[at]surge.scot
If you have any questions please feel free to contact Alan on Alan[at]surge.scot or phone on 0141 248 6910.
The application deadline is midnight on Thursday 21st
Interviews will take place on Tuesday 26th March.