Midnight Thursday 27th February 2020
Surge, in partnership with Merchant City, Dundee Streets, Spraoi and Green Man (TBC) Festivals are offering bursaries for new outdoor work to emerging, Scotland-based artists and/ or companies interested in developing new outdoor arts works.
The aim will be to create a new outdoor arts piece, which will be tried out at two festivals in Scotland July at Dundee Streets and Surge Festival (Glasgow), then perform at Spraoi Festival (Ireland) an Green Man (Wales TBC) in August.
The chosen artists/companies will be given a budget of £2500 towards the creation of the piece plus mentoring from Surge and £100/ day per artist at Spraoi and Green Man Festivals. All accommodation, travel and food for try-outs in Scotland and Spraoi and Green Man will be covered.
Both bursaries are available to all. One of the Bursaries will be offered to a project led by or delivered by BAME artist(s).
We also encourage applications involving the use of digital technology – additional specialist mentoring would be provided for this.
- Present an idea for a new small-scale outdoor arts work;
- The piece should be for 1 – 4 artists (all artists must be confirmed by applicant before applying);
- The piece needs to be suitable for performance in urban and green field spaces;
- The performers need to be available for rehearsal periods between 1stApril
and 4thJuly. Specific dates will be discussed upon offer.
- To be available for dates of festivals – 4thand 5th July (Surge Festival) , 18thand 19th July (Dundee), 1st and 2ndAugust (Spraoi, Ireland) and 20th– 23rd August (Green Man, Wales)
We will offer:
- Professional mentoring by Surge in creation, direction, producing, marketing, digital technologies and guerrilla filmmaking
- Opportunity to try work out at Dundee Streets, Surge, Spraoi and Green Man Festivals
- £2500 budget, plus £100/ performance day/ artist at Spaoi and Green Man Festivals
- Travel, accommodation, and food at all festivals
- Rehearsal and creation space.
Please email your proposal (max. 500 words) and one short bio for each performer/collaborator (max. 100 words each), in one document, to Surge Director Alan
Richardson at email@example.com
If you have any questions please feel free to contact Alan on firstname.lastname@example.org phone on 0141 248 6910.
The application deadline ismidnight on Thursday 27th February
Interviews will take place on Wednesday 4th March