Surge is recruiting!
Surge Producer / Project Manager
Surge is looking for a Producer / Project Manager to work principally as Producer/ Project Manager on Surge Festival 2021. The post is 6-month fixed term contract from February 1st – July 31st 2021 (This post is staff cover, there may be an extension offered to the contract).
Surge, set up in 2009, is a Glasgow based charity dedicated to the development of outdoor arts, physical theatre and circus across Scotland. Surge runs residencies, masterclasses, training and outreach programmes as well as its annual festival in Glasgow each July.
To apply please send a CV and letter of interest to email@example.com by midnight on Thursday 7th January. Interviews will be held at Surge offices in Glasgow on Thursday 14th January (if not possible with COVID-19 restrictions the interview will be held via Zoom).
Producer/ Project Manager Job Description
Surge is based in central Glasgow, the post holder will be expected to work in Glasgow at Surge premises, whenever Covid-19 restrictions allow.
Responsible to: Surge Director
Responsible for: Visiting companies, freelance artists and staff and volunteers
Wage: £30,000/ annum pro rata (0.5 of full time equivalent)
Main Purpose of the Post
The post holder will produce and manage all elements of Surge Festival 2021 and assist with other Surge events and programmes
Key responsibilities of the post
- Lead on the delivery, project management and producing of Surge Festival
- Assist in the delivery of specific projects and programmes as agreed with the Surge Director
- Assist in the writing of applications for funding
- Lead on report writing for Surge Festival
- Lead on budgetary and financial management of Surge Festival
- Negotiate contracts and conditions with artists and companies
- Contracting and management of suitable freelance staff for projects
- Liaise with venues, partners, artists, guests and other stakeholders
- Assist in all other areas necessary to ensure the financial and managerial aspects of festivals and other projects are delivered successfully
- Manage volunteers
- Manage or arrange permissions and licenses
- Manage or arrange accommodation, travel and food as required by projects
- Any other reasonable duties as requested by Surge Director
- 5 or more years experience of producing and/ or project management of outdoor arts
- Experience of producing and/ or project managing within a festival context
- Experience of managing budgets above £50,000
- Experience of contracting and management of freelancers and companies
- Experience of working with multiple partners including local councils, venue and businesses
- Experience of obtaining licenses and permissions
- Experience of writing risk assessments and managing health and safety of large scale events
- Excellent organisation and planning skills with proven ability to work flexibly under pressure, to prioritise and to meet deadlines
- Experience of managing online performances
- Experience of managing live outdoor events since March 2020 where social distancing measures have been in place