SURGE AUTUMN/ WINTER 2019 Residencies
Time, space, mentoring.
Surge is offering a limited number of residences to artists working within physical theatre, street performance and circus. We welcome applications from emerging to established artists and from solo artists and groups.
Apply for 1, 2 or 3 weeks of residency at Surge’s studios in Central Glasgow. You will receive mentorship, space and time to develop your idea. At the end of the residency you will be required to perform a work-in-progress sharing to gain feedback from an invited audience.
As part of the residency you will required to deliver a 1.5 hour workshop to emerging practitioners. This workshop could be an exploration of the style of work you are presenting (e.g. Butoh), or focus of a particular aspect of your practice (e.g. puppet making). We are particularly interested in applications that feature a digital element to your practice.
Please get in touch detailing:
- your idea
- the track record of you and/or your team
- how the residency would benefit your project
- how many weeks you would like to be in residence
- the workshop you will present
- the dates of your project – a list of weeks you are available for between September and December 2019
Deadline for applications – 28/05/19
Max 500 words.