5pm Monday 5th October 2020
Surge is offering two bursaries for new physical theatre work suitable for digital and live indoor performance to emerging, Scotland-based artists and companies. The chosen artists/companies will be given a budget of £2500 towards the creation of the piece plus mentoring from Surge.
The piece will be devised to be performed either live in a theatre setting and/or broadcast live online, depending on public health recommendations at the time.
- Present an idea for a new small-scale physical theatre piece;
- The piece needs to be suitable for performance in a theatre setting and broadcast live online
- The performers need to be available for rehearsal periods between November 2020 and February 2021. Specific dates will be discussed upon offer.
- To be available for a scratch performance on Friday 18th December 2020
- To be available for a performance at Manipulate Festival in February 2021.
We will offer:
- Professional mentoring by Surge in creation, producing, marketing, guerrilla filmmaking and live broadcasting
- £2500 budget
- Performance opportunity at Manipulate Festival 2021
- Travel budget
- Equipment and assistance with live broadcasting
- Rehearsal and creation space.
Please email your proposal (max. 500 words) and one short bio for each performer/collaborator (max. 100 words each), in one document, to Melanie Jordan – email@example.com
If you have any questions please feel free to contact Mel at firstname.lastname@example.org, we can arrange phone or video call if you prefer.
The application deadline is 5pm on Monday 5th October 2020
Interviews will take place on Monday 12th October 2020
(photo credit: Ruxandra Cantor in Pickled Republic at Surge Festival, taken by Jassy Earl)