Physical Theatre Bursary
Application Deadline: 5pm Monday 21st October 2019
Surge is offering two bursaries for new indoor physical theatre work to emerging, Scotland-based artists and companies. The chosen artists/companies will be given a budget of £2250 towards the creation of the piece, plus mentoring from Surge.
We are looking for one of the bursaries to incorporate digital technology. Additional specialist mentoring would be provided for this.
- Present an idea for a new, small-scale physical theatre piece;
- The piece needs to be suitable for performance in a theatre setting;
- The performers need to be available for rehearsal periods between November 2019 and January 2020. Specific dates will be discussed upon offer;
- To be available for for a scratch performance on 13th December 2019;
- To be available for dates of performance at Manipulate Festival on Saturday 1st February 2020.
We will offer:
- Professional mentoring by Surge in creation, producing, marketing and guerrilla filmmaking;
- £2250 budget;
- Travel budget;
- Rehearsal and creation space.
Please email your proposal (max. 500 words) and one short bio for each performer/collaborator (max.100 words each), in one document, to Melanie Jordan – firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, please contact Melanie by email or by phone on 0141 248 6910.
The application deadline is 5pm on Monday 21st October
Interviews will take place on Monday 28th October
(photo credit: Ruxandra Cantor in Pickled Republic at Surge Festival, taken by Jassy Earl)