Established Artists Residency
Integration of Digital Technologies with Performance
Tuesday June 9th and Wednesday June 10th 2020
Application Deadline: 5pm on Tuesday the 2nd of June 2020
Neverthere (www.nevertherefestival.com) and Surge are inviting applications for an online residency designed to give space for established artists to develop new ideas in the company of skilled practitioners. Participants will have the opportunity to develop new ideas concentrating on the integration of digital technologies and performance – particularly projects that can take place online. This two-day residency will involve input from professional, highly experienced mentors from a variety of performance and digital backgrounds including Alan Richardson, Elise Davison, Paul Long, Bevis Evans-Teusch, Evan Raskob, Jessica Symons, Justin Berry, Neill Ritchie, Ross Gerry, Ryan Scott and Simon Meek.
We are welcoming applications from collaborations between performance makers and digital artists, we are also happy to receive applications from individual artists. Applications from digital designers, games designers, coders, theatre makers, designers, performers, and those working in other digital forms are also most welcome.
Thanks to support from Taking Flight and the Arts Council of Wales, this residency will be BSL interpreted and captioned where possible. This residency is made possible by support from Creative Scotland.
- Have a body of professional work behind them in their specialist art form(s)
- Have an idea for the creation of a new work that involves integrating digital technologies with performance
- Bring an idea that is at an early stage of development
- Have an idea of which digital platform they are thinking of utilising (even if this is more than one currently)
Neverthere and Surge will provide:
- A structured online residency including introductions to various online platforms
- A balanced group of established artists representing a wide variety of projects
- A digital platform to encourage interaction between participating artists
- Highly experienced mentors from a variety of fields
- The potential for further development of ideas towards a scratch performance.
- Additional activities including Surge Arms Live Cabaret and a Mixed Reality Meet up involving talks and discussions from people currently working in mixed media.
Please send a project outline of your proposed new work in no more than 500 words plus a personal biography of you and any proposed collaborators for the project to Alan Richardson at email@example.com by 5pm on Tuesday the 2nd of June 2020.
For further information or to discuss the suitability of your project contact Alan on firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Surge and outdoor arts director with 30 years of experience nationally and internationally.
Bevis Evans Teusch
Bafta nominated documentary film maker
Digital artists & lecturer in Physical and Creative Computing at Goldsmiths.
Dr Jessica Symons
Creative digital consultant, Founder of Visioning Lab & Honorary Research Fellow at University of Manchester
Digital artist and lecturer at Yale’s Centre for Collaborative Arts and Media
App and Website Developer
Artist and Producer. Co-founder of MBD, an Arts Council NPO, who specialise in Immersive Heritage Storytelling.
Bafta award winning games designer and playwright