Four Nations Outdoor Arts Bursary 2023
Midnight, Sunday 13th November
The 4 Nations Bursary Project is offering bursaries for new outdoor work to emerging, artists and companies interested in outdoor arts. Bursaries will be awarded to applicants from Scotland, England, Wales and The Island of Ireland. The aim will be to create new outdoor arts pieces, which will be toured at festivals in all four nations during summer 2023: Surge Festival (Glasgow in partnership with Articulation) in July, Spraoi Festival (Waterford, Ireland in partnership with ISACS) in August, Green Man (Wales, in partnership with Articulture) in August and Out There Festival (Great Yarmouth in partnership with Outdoor Arts UK) in September. The chosen artists/companies will be given a budget of £5000 towards the creation of the piece, professional mentoring from the festivals and each of the Partnership networks, plus a four-day residency at Ormidale House in rural Argyll (Scotland) in January 2023. Travel, accommodation and per diems are provided for both the residency and the performance tour.
- Present an idea for a new small-scale outdoor arts piece.
- The piece needs to be for 1-3 artists (all artists must be confirmed by applicant before applying);
- The piece needs to be suitable for performance or exhibition in urban and green field spaces.
- The artists need to be available for the residency in Argyll between 22nd – 26th January 2023
- Artists must also be available for a certain number of week-day mentoring dates between February and July 2023 (exact dates to be agreed)
- To be available for dates of all four festivals:
- 29th – 30th July 2023 (Surge Festival, Scotland)
- 4th – 6th August 2023 (Spraoi Festival, Ireland)
- 17th – 20th August 2023 (Green Man Festival, Wales)
- 15th – 17th September 2023 (Out There Festival, England)
We will offer:
- A structured residency in a rural location in Scotland plus professional mentoring from Surge, Out There, Spraoi Studios and Articulture in creation, producing, marketing and guerrilla filmmaking;
- £5000 budget;
- Travel, accommodation, per diems, and £100/day fee per artist at all festivals
- Rehearsal and creation space
The 4 Nations Bursary Project values diversity and promotes equality and inclusion. We encourage and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and ability.
Please note that the scale and reach of this project is dependant on certain funding outcomes.
Please email your proposal (max. 500 words) and one short bio for each performer/collaborator (max. 100 words each), in one document.
If based in Scotland please contact Alan Richardson at Surge at email@example.com
If based in Wales please contact Zoe Munn at Articulture at firstname.lastname@example.org
If based in England please contact Out There Arts at email@example.com
If based in Ireland please contact Spraoi Festival at firstname.lastname@example.org
The application deadline is midnight on Sunday 13th November.
Interviews will take place on 21st November.
Accessible video for this opportunity –